Prince Henry’s is part of the ECF pilot through the Educational Development Trust, and this will allow us to identify the expansion of this statutory programme through a partnership across the WM1 area. One of our Strategic Partners sits on the Headteacher Reference Group in relation to ECF. Prince Henry’s will provide a Chairperson, Strategic Director, Operational Director and Administration Lead to develop and co-ordinate the TSH across WM1.
Our Hub will comprise Strategic Partners from the following organisations across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. The Strategic Partners are made up of former Teaching Schools, and the University of Worcester. The Strategic Partner Group will be formed to ensure the principles and accountability of the TSH are delivered.
Strategic Partners – Governance
From the Strategic Partners listed below, our plan is to have four venue satellite centres (*) across South Worcestershire and Herefordshire that will provide effective and high-quality CPD, ITT and Induction. The vast majority of schools in WM1 will be within 30 minutes’ travelling time of one of these centres.
- Prince Henry’s High School, Evesham* – Lead on Hub and ITT, ECF – Focus schools: Wychavon & Malvern
- Rivers MAT (Primary), Worcester* – Support ECF, ITT, CPD delivery – Focus schools: Worcester & Wyre Forest
- Marlbrook Primary, Hereford* – Support ECF, ITT, CPD delivery – Focus schools: Herefordshire 1 schools
- South Bromsgrove High School, Bromsgrove* – Lead on CPD, NPQs, Support ECF
- Chadsgrove Special School, Worcestershire – Special Schools & Alternative Provision
- University of Worcester – Herefordshire 2 schools
As well as the Strategic Partners, there are additional Partner Schools with proven track records to support the provision of ITT/ECF/CPD elements in their localities. They will also be able to provide school-to-school support if needed. To include:
- The Chase High School, Malvern, Worcestershire
- Wigmore High School, Wigmore, Herefordshire
- Fairfield High School, Peterchurch, Herefordshire
- John Masefield High School, Ledbury, Herefordshire
- Blackwell First School, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
- Severn Academies Educational Trust, Wyre Forest, Worcestershire
- RSA Academies, Worcestershire
- St Augustine’s Catholic High School, Redditch
- Woodrush High School, Hollywood, Birmingham
The delivery plan for our TSH will be based on Core TSH functions. New entrants to the profession will be registered through the TSH as the Appropriate Body. Across the WM1 area, through clear analysis of Middle and Senior Leadership succession planning, we will identify colleagues and target appropriate CPD through the NPQs. This targeted approach to appropriate CPD, will enable career progression within colleagues’ employing school, or elsewhere. We intend to use Ambition Institute as a National Delivery Partner for supporting the delivery of the ECF and CPD.
All Strategic Partner and Partner Schools identified above are currently involved in leading ITT programmes through SCITT, School Direct, PGCE or PG Teacher Apprenticeships. They cover all the phases across schools in Worcestershire and Herefordshire: First, Infant, Junior, Primary, Middle, Secondary, High, Sixth Form, AP and Special Schools. As well as delivering their own ITT programmes, the University of Worcester is a key partner in supporting the SCITT and School Direct programmes across schools in WM1. A number of the Strategic Partner schools also act as Appropriate Bodies for NQT Induction.
There are also links in Worcestershire with two other HEIs – Newman University and Birmingham City University. We also have long-established excellent links with alternative provision establishments in Worcestershire – the Aspire Academy, and the Advance Trust (which also includes Special School provision). Several Strategic Partners are working with the GLOW Maths Hub, the Computing Hub at The Chase and one of our Strategic Partners is bidding for a Behaviour Hub. The management structure and governance of the Prince Henry’s and South Worcestershire SCITT has successfully allowed full inclusivity for all Partner Schools in the development of the ITT programme. A similar model will allow our TSH to build on the SCITT provision supplying the local area with NQTs extremely well prepared for the workplace, highlighted in the SCITT Ofsted 2019.