The strategic purpose of the Prince Henry’s Teaching School Hub partnership will be to deliver the principles based upon the vision laid down by the Department for Education in 2020 in the WM1 area: Wychavon, Worcester, Wyre Forest, Malvern and Herefordshire.
In conjunction with our proposed Strategic Partners, Partner Schools and Ambition Institute, we will develop the following five key principles:
- A School-Led Early Career Framework with an entitlement to a fully funded two-year package of structured support for early career teachers linked to the best available research evidence, alongside a funded time allocation off-timetable in the second year of teaching.
- A School-Led Initial Teacher Training programme.
- To act as an Appropriate Body for “early career teachers”. Our Hub will play a key role in the quality assurance of teacher induction. The Appropriate Body will ensure support, monitoring, guidance, and assessment procedures are fair and consistent.
- A Continuing Professional Development programme, focussed upon National Professional Qualifications and the new Headteacher Programme. The fundamental aim of this will be to identify and develop future leadership potential.
- To provide a network of Support Structures for other schools in the following areas: Wychavon, Worcester, Wyre Forest, Malvern Hills and Herefordshire.
Our mission as a Teaching School Hub will be to:
- Develop a culture of shared moral purpose, openness, honesty and trust to all Strategic and Partner Schools to deliver on the principles outlined above.
- Secure outcomes that provide value for money.
- Provide purposeful activities that will directly impact upon the nurture and progression of teachers.
- Focus upon enhancing school-based CPD and leadership development opportunities to impact upon classroom practice and therefore the progress of learners.
- Develop a self-sustaining and self-improving school system by providing support where needed.